Ah! I know I technically didn’t get this blog post up yesterday but I’m back dating it. I did get the post up on Instagram about these cookies. The weekend is always just so crazy, it’s amazing we always seem to have something to do and somewhere to be but I just want to slow down some weekend and do nothing. In addition to baking in my free time I enjoy crafting and I’m itching to get started on a new sewing project, but now is not the time for that! Now is the time for cookie!
I’m pretty much a sucker for anything banana flavored so when I found this recipe I was pretty excited. The only thing I’d say about this is that it needs more banana so I think the next time I make it I’ll add banana extract too.
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup rum or orange juice
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ C Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ C flour
- 3 oz Banana chips finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the raisins in the orange jucie or rum for 30 minutes. Drain the raisins and reserve the liquid.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down.
- Add the egg and 2 teaspoons of the reserved liquid.
- In a separate bowl. Sift the flour and salt. Add to the butter mixture. Once combined scrape down.
- Add the bananas and raisins.
- Use a table spoon to portion the cookie dough onto lined cookie trays. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!