I have found that throughout this project I have been inspired to try different variations on cookies. That’s what this recipe is, when I was trying the Cappuccino cookies I realized I could switch out the instant cappuccino powder for instant hot cocoa and have a different cookie. Half way through baking I decided to throw a jumbo marshmallow on top of each cookie because they expand and toast beautifully. I’m convinced it’s not real hot cocoa if it doesn’t have the mini marshmallows.
- 1 envelope of instant cappuccino
- 1/2 tbsp hot water
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ Cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- Jumbo Marshmallows (1 for each cookie)
- Empty the instant hot cocoa into the how water and stir to make into a paste.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down.
- Add the yolk, vanilla and cappuccino paste. Scrape down.
- Sift the flour and salt together. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Wrap your cookie dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 60 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Unwrap the cookie dough and roll is out between two parchment sheets to about 1/8 inch thickness. Use your favorite cookie cutter and bake for 6 minutes.
- At the 6 minute point open the oven and place a marshmallow on top of each cookie. Bake for another 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and Enjoy! maybe with a cup of hot cocoa and your favorite winter movie (I’m partial to the 4th Harry potter movie)